Bulletin #4, September 2001
You will be pleased to hear that IOS Press has solved the difficulties with electronic access to AI Communications.
- Every member of an ECCAI Society has a free electronic access to the complete version of AI Communications.
- The same "old" logins (login names and password) per country are still valid but if you forgot them, you can ask your national society.
Please note that the http address to access the files has changed.
- The http address to access this new system is http://iospress.metapress.com
- The http address to go to AI Communications directly is http://iospress.metapress.com/openurl.asp?genre=journal&issn=0921-7126
- To go to the most recent issue of AI Communications, the address to access the current issue is:
We are also cooperating with IOS Press to launch an IOS Press Book Series "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence Applications".
The ECCAI board
NEWS from the ECCAI board and the ECCAI web site
- From the ECCAI General Assembly on 6th July at Prague
- ECCAI fellows 2001 :
- Ivan Bratko
- Marie-Odile Cordier
- Jean-Paul Haton
- Bernard Nebel
- Hans-Hellmut Nagel
- Luis Pereira
- Vadim Stefanuk
- Bob Wielinga
- The 2000 AI Dissertation Award sponsored by ECCAI, the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence has been awarded to:
- Christian Frei, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne (Switzerland)
- For his thesis: "Abstraction Techniques for Resource Allocation in Communication Networks"
- News on the ECCAI web site :
- Travel awards updated : https://eccai.org/travelaw.shtml
- deadline of submissions : April 6, 2002
- Dissertation award updated : https://eccai.org/diss-award/2001.shtml
- deadline of submissions : January 31,2002
- The ECCAI-bulletins should be available on the ECCAI web.
CONTENTS of Artificial Intelligence Communications 14(2)
Volume 14, Number 2, 2001
- S. Greco, E. Masciari and L. Pontieri, Combining inductive and deductive tools for data analysis, pp. 69-82
- J. Gaertner, N, Musliu and W. Slany, Rota: a research project on algorithms for workforce scheduling and shift design optimizaton, pp. 83-92
- G.M. Coghill and Q. Shen, On the specification of multiple models for diagnosis of dynamic systems, pp. 93-104
- V. Stefanuk, Workshop report: Applied Semiotics: Control problems (ASC 2000), pp. 105-109
- B. Smyth, E. McKenna and M.A. Ferrario, Conference report: ECAI 2000, pp.111-114
- R. Milne, Student reports: ECAI 2000, pp. 115-122
CONTENTS of Electronic Transactions on Artificial Intelligence
NEWS from the ECCAI Conferences
The ECAI CfP, the PAIS CfP, the Call for Tutorial Proposals and the Call for Workshop Proposals will be available on the web site of the conference : http://ecai2002.univ-lyon1.fr/
The main deadlines are:
- 1 October 2001 : deadline for workshop proposals
- 1 November 2001 : deadline for tutorial proposals
- 18 January 2002 : deadline for paper summaries (ECAI & PAIS)
- 22 January 2002 : deadline for papers (ECAI & PAIS)
NEWS from the ECCAI societies
- First Annual BCS Prize for Progress Towards MACHINE INTELLIGENCE
- December 11th 2001, Cambridge UK, in association with ES2001
- Prize: A permanent trophy awarded for one year plus a cash prize.
- Eligibility: The competition is open to all.
- Further information is available at http://www.bcs-sges.org/miprize/
- From Raquel Cortina, Organizing Committee of CAEPIA-TTIA´2001.
- The ninth edition of the Spanish Association for Artificial Intelligence Conference (CAEPIA), together with the fourth Technological Transfer of Artificial Intelligence Congress (TTIA), will take place at Gijón (Spain), November 14-16, 2001.
- More details: http://www.aic.uniovi.es/caepia.2001
Next ECCAI-Bulletin in October 2001
ECCAI Bulletin Editor : Marc AYEL