Bulletin #1, January 2010
Norwegian AI Society restructured
NAIS, the Norwegian AI Society, has been reformed, and is again an active member of ECCAI.
ECCAI Fellows Nominations Sought
At the beginning of each year, the ECCAI member societies nominate individuals whom they consider to have achieved unusual distinction in the field. In addition, two ECCAI Fellows from different countries may nominate a person for fellowship. All these nominations are then considered by the ECCAI Fellows Selection Committee, comprising 6 ECCAI Fellows and the ECCAI Chair. The committee generally selects 5-10 new Fellows each year. The policies governing the operation of the Fellows Committee are under the review of the ECCAI Board.
Nominations for 2010 should be sent in electronic form to . Deadline for nominations is March 15, 2010. For more information see the ECCAI Fellows Program.
ECCAI Sponsored conferences
- SETN 2010: 6th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Athens, Greece, 5-7 May 2010
- 26th Annual Workshop of the Swedish Artificial Intelligence Society
Uppsala, Sweden, 20-21 May 2010
- AIMSA 2010: 14th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence: Methodology, Systems, Applications
Varna, Bulgaria, 8-10 September 2010
- AI-2010: 13th SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Cambridge, UK, 14-16 December 2010
Contents of latest issue (Volume 22, no.4 / 2009)
- Massimo Narizzano, Claudia Peschiera, Luca Pulina and Armando Tacchella, Evaluating and certifying QBFs: A comparison of state-of-the-art tools
- Nada Abdallah and François Goasdoué, Non-conservative extension of a peer in a P2P inference system
- Dietmar Jannach, Fast computation of query relaxations for knowledge-based recommenders
- Martijn Kagie, Matthijs van der Loos and Michiel van Wezel, Including item characteristics in the probabilistic latent semantic analysis model for collaborative filtering
IEEE Intelligent Systems
Contents of latest issue (Volume 24, no.6, November/December 2009)
- Fei-Yue Wang, Intelligent Systems Now
- Robert R. Hoffman, John D. Lee , David D. Woods, Nigel Shadbolt, Janet Miller, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, The Dynamics of Trust in Cyberdomains
- Steve Chien, Dorothy Silverman, Ashley Gerard Davies, Daniel Mandl, Onboard Science Processing Concepts for the HyspIRI Mission
- James Hendler, Wendy Hall, Society Online
- Barbie Clarke, Friends Forever: How Young Adolescents Use Social-Networking Sites
- Harry Halpin, Henry S. Thompson, Social Meaning on the Web: From Wittgenstein to Search Engines
- Sadie Creese, Koen Lamberts, Can Cognitive Science Help Us Make Online Risk More Tangible?
- Kieron O'Hara, David Stevens, The Devil's Long Tail: Religious Moderation and Extremism on the Web
- Alexandre Passant, Matthias Samwald, John G. Breslin, Stefan Decker, Federating Distributed Social Data to Build an Interlinked Online Information Society
- Thanassis Tiropanis, Hugh Davis, Dave Millard, Mark Weal, Semantic Technologies for Learning and Teaching in the Web 2.0 Era
- David B. Skillicorn, Adversarial Knowledge Discovery
- Zhiheng Li, Li Li, Yi Zhang, IVS 09: Future Research in Vehicle Vision Systems
- Hsinchun Chen, Daniel Zeng, David L. Buckeridge, Masoumeh Izadi, Aman Verma, Anya Okhmatovskaia, Xiaohua Hu, Xiajiong Shen, Zhidong Cao, Fei-Yue Wang, Xiaolong Zheng, Quanyi Wang, AI for Global Disease Surveillance
- Emanuele Della Valle, Stefano Ceri, Frank van Harmelen, Dieter Fensel, It's a Streaming World! Reasoning upon Rapidly Changing Information
- Mark Ingebretsen, Where's My Personal Robot?
- Annual Index