Bulletin #2, June 2011
New ECCAI Fellows Announced
ECCAI is delighted to announce the following new Fellows:
Jean-Gabriel Ganascia (France)
Stan Matwin (Poland/Canada)
Serafin Moral (Spain)
Michele Sebag (France)
Congratulations to each one of them! For more information on the ECCAI Fellows programme please check the dedicated web pages
Past ECAI Proceedings Online
Thanks to ECCAI's valued collaboration with IOS Press, all ECAI Proceedings from 2000 onwards are now freely available online! Please follow the link at the ECCAI web site
2011 ECCAI General Assembly
The next ECCAI General Assembly will take place during IJCAI 2011 at 20.00 - 21.00 on July 19th.
ECCAI Sponsored conferences
- 22nd Irish Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science (AICS-2011)
Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland, UK, August 31 - September 2, 2011.
- XIIth International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AI*IA 2011)
Palermo, Italy, September 15-17, 2011.
- 3rd International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence - Technologies and Applications (ICCCI 2011)
Gdynia, Poland, September 21-23, 2011.
- 34th Annual Conference On Artificial Intelligence (KI 2011)
Berlin, Germany, October 4-7, 2011.
- 15th Portuguese Conference on Artificial Intelligence (EPIA 2011)
Lisbon, Portugal, October 10-13 2011.
- 14th International Congress of the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence (CCIA 2011)
Lleyda, Catalunya, Spain, October 26-28 2011.
- 23rd BENELUX Conference on Artificial Intelligence (BNAIC 2011)
Gent, Belgium, November 3-4 2011.
- 14th Conference of the Spanish Association for Artificial Intelligence (CAEPIA 2011)
Tenerife, Spain, November 7-11 2011.
- 31st SGAI International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI 2011)
Cambridge, England, December 13-15 2011.
Contents of latest issue (Volume 24, no.2 / 2011)
- Marcello Balduccini and Stefan Woltran, Special issue on answer set programming
- Martin Gebser, Benjamin Kaufmann, Roland Kaminski, Max Ostrowski, Torsten Schaub and Marius Schneider, Potassco: The Potsdam Answer Set Solving Collection
- Mario Alviano and Wolfgang Faber, Dynamic Magic Sets and super-coherent answer set programs
- Marcello Balduccini, Learning and using domain-specific heuristics in ASP solvers
- Pedro Cabalar, A logical characterisation of ordered disjunction
- Christian Drescher, Oana Tifrea and Toby Walsh, Symmetry-breaking answer set solving
- Martin Gebser, Orkunt Sabuncu and Torsten Schaub, An incremental answer set programming based system for finite model computation
IEEE Intelligent Systems
Contents of latest issue (Volume 26, no.3, May/June 2011)
- Fei-Yue Wang, From AI to SciTS: Team Science and Research Intelligence
- George Lawton, In the News
- Huiji Gao, Geoffrey Barbier and Rebecca Goolsby, Harnessing the Crowdsourcing Power of Social Media for Disaster Relief
- Monica Tentori, Marcela Rodriguez and Jesus Favela, An Agent-Based Middleware for the Design of Activity-Aware Applications
- Junze Wang, Furong Wang, Zheng Yan and Benxiong Huang, Message Receiver Determination in Multiple Simultaneous IM Conversations
- Claudio Piciarelli and Gian Luca Foresti, Surveillance-Oriented Event Detection in Video Streams
- Huan Chen and Chih-Chuan Cheng, A Distortion-Aware Intelligent Context Aggregation Agent for Smart Environments
- Gang Pan, Yuqiong Xu, Zhaohui Wu, Shijian Li, Laurence T. Yang, Man Lin and Zhong Liu, TaskShadow: Toward Seamless Task Migration across Smart Environments
- Zi Yang, Jie Tang, Juanzi Li and Wenjun Yang, Social Community Analysis via a Factor Graph Model
- Alexandra Brintrup, Duncan McFarlane, Damith Ranasinghe, Tomás Sánchez López and Kenneth Owens, Will Intelligent Assets Take Off? Toward Self-Serving Aircraft
- Ding Wen, Gongjun Yan, Nan-Ning Zheng, Lin-Cheng Shen and Li Li, Toward Cognitive Vehicles
- Matthew Johnson, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Paul J. Feltovich, Robert R. Hoffman, Catholijn Jonker, Birna van Riemsdijk and Maarten Sierhuis, Beyond Cooperative Robotics: The Central Role of Interdependence in Coactive Design